Extreme's Blog :Return to Blog
Mains Operated LED Circuit Schematic
Small in size! Big in use
Here is a simple and powerful LED circuit that can be operated directly from the AC 100 volt to AC 230 Volts mains supply. The circuit can be used as mains power locator or night lamp etc.. The resistor R1,R2 and capacitor C1 provides necessary current limiting. The circuit is sufficiently immune against voltage spikes and surges.
- D1 = 1N4007
- D2 = 1N4007
- D3 = 1N4007
- D4 = 1N4007
- R2 = 1M-1/2W
- R1 = 470R-1/2W
- C1 = 220nF-275vAC
- D5 = 5mm. Blue LED
- Small in size!
- Blue LED operated on mains voltage
- Suited for mains indicator or other pilot lamps
- For safety guidance, stairs, corridors…
- Special X2 safety capacitor
- 100Vac to 240Vac 50Hz or 60Hz Operated
- Dimensions: 28×18mm / 1.10 × 0.71”
- Only for use inside a cabinet
- The capacitor C1 can be polyester type.
- Also white LED can be used in this circuit.
- Assemble the circuit on a general purpose PCB.
Safety and Hazard WARNINGS:
This circuit operates on a lethal power voltage. Mount the circuit in a protective cabinet prio to applying AC Power. Do not modify the circuit – Wait 10 minutes before touching the circuit after disconnecting the AC Power. This circuit is not intended for children.