10 second(s) left to wait, or skip
Charge Pump, Voltage Regulator, and Gate Driver
Posted Jul 19, 2013 at 5:00 pm
- VCC (pin 1) Power input from a high voltage source through a current limiting resistor and filter cap. 13V output when charge pump is active and is protected by UVLO Under Voltage Lock Out for low voltage conditions. This pin is clamped (Vclamp) for over-voltage protection by an internal zener diode at 17V.
- VOUT (pin 2) Linear regulated output at 3.3V for the IXI859 or 5V for the IXI858 and is typically used in providing power to a micro-controller.
- Pin 3 is not used.
- IN (pin 4) Used as an input signal to drive the output at pin 5, controlling a power MOSFET in a typical power factor correction application.
- GATE (pin 5) Output for driving external power MOSFET
- GND (pin 6) Ground return.
- VSUP (pin 7) Charge pump input. Receives switching energy from RC and enables / disables charge pump output. Requires low ESR capacitor.
- VCAP (pin 8) Charge pump output to supply external power.