Continuous Mode PFC and LLC Controller
The PLC810PG is a combined PFC and LLC off-line controller with integrated high voltage half-bridge drivers. The figure shows a simplified schematic of a PLC810PG based power supply where the LLC resonant inductor is integrated into the transformer. The PFC section of the PLC810PG is a universal input continuous current mode (CCM) design that does not require a sinusoidal input reference, thereby reducing system cost and external components.
The DC-DC controller supports an LLC resonant topology. This variable frequency controller provides high efficiency by switching the power MOSFETs at zero voltage, thus eliminating most switching losses. The LLC controller is built around a current-controlled oscillator with a control range selected to support the frequency of operation found in LCD TV.
- Proprietary continuous conduction mode PFC, high efficiency with low component costs
- Frequency and phase synchronized PFC and LLC for reduced noise and EMI
- High efficiency Zero Voltage Switching (ZVS) LLC
- Configurable, precise dead time control and frequency limits
- Comprehensive PFC and LLC fault handling and current limiting
- Highly integrated, eliminates external components
- 32” to 60” LCD TV and monitor display power supplies
- 150 W to 600 W high efficiency off-line power supplies