Role and Responsibilities
- Support local Field Applications Engineers (FAE’s) and Sales to follow up with customers and solve technical issues to win design-ins
- Visit customers together with local Sales and FAE’s.
- Be knowledgeable and up-to-date on all IGBT products and be able to recommend IGBT’s for any application
- Work closely with headquarter Applications Group to define and implement appropriate DOEs and conduct in-depth evaluation of designs including electrical and thermal tests.
- Compare/evaluate competitive products and perform SWOT (strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, threats) analyses.
- Design and build reference designs (schematic, layout, debugging) based on specific International Rectifier power devices to target key applications and customers.
- Write application reports and application notes.
- Must be capable of meeting deadlines and achieving high level of satisfaction among customers.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- 3+ years of relevant design/build/test experience in power electronics.
- Experience with design techniques, test methodologies and qualification protocols
- Experience with motor drives, switch mode power supplies, PWM control concepts, driver and protection circuits
- Experience in testing HVICs, FETs, IGBTs and diodes.
- Experience with thermal models and able to test with appropriate methods.
- Experience with choosing the right passive and active components.
- Familiarity with circuit analysis (SPICE or Saber) and system analysis (Mathcad, Matlab)
- Experience PCB schematic and layout software a plus.
- Familiarity with MS Office,
- Excellent communication skills in English
330 Kansas St
El Segundo, California
Apply For this Job:
Job ID: AG20141401-41530