Dual Channel, 1Mbps Digital Isolator
The ISO7420 and ISO7421A provide galvanic isolation up to 2.5 kVrms for 1 minute per UL. These digital isolators have two isolated channels with bidirectional channel configuration. Each isolation channel has a logic input and output buffer separated by a silicon dioxide (SiO2) insulation barrier. Used in conjunction with isolated power supplies, these devices prevent noise currents on a data bus or other circuit from entering the local ground and interfering with or damaging sensitive circuitry.
The devices have TTL input thresholds and require two supply voltages from 3 V to 5.5 V, or any combination. All inputs are 5-V tolerant when supplied from a 3-V supply.
- Qualified for Automotive Applications
- AEC-Q100 Qualified with the following results:
- Device Temperature Grade 1:
- –40°C to +125°C Ambient Operating Temperature Range
- Device HBM ESD Classification Level H3A
- Device CDM ESD Classification Level C5
- High Signaling Rate: 1 Mbps
- Low Power Consumption
- Low Propagation Delay – 9 ns (Typ)
- Low Skew – 300 ps (Typ)
- 4 kVpeak Maximum Isolation, 2.5 kVrms per UL 1577, IEC/VDE and
- CSA Approved, IEC 60950-1, IEC 61010-1 End Equipment Standards
- Approved. All Approvals Pending.
- 50 kV/µs Transient Immunity (Typ)
- Over 25-Year Isolation Integrity at Rated Voltage
- Operates From 3-V to 5.5-V Supply and Logic Levels