I2C Battery Fuel Gauge IC
The Texas Instruments bq27410 system-side LiCoO2 battery fuel gauge is an easy to configure microcontroller peripheral that provides fuel gauging for single-cell LiCoO2 battery packs. The device requires minimal user configurations and system microcontroller firmware development for accurate fuel gauging.
The bq27410 uses the patented Impedance Track™ algorithm for fuel gauging, and provides information such as remaining battery capacity (mAh), state-of-charge (%), and battery voltage (mV).
Battery fuel gauging with the bq27410 requires only PACK+ (P+), PACK– (P–), for a removable battery pack or embedded battery circuit. The 12-pin SON package with dimensions of 2,5 mm × 4 mm with 0.
- Battery Fuel Gauge for 1-Series LiCoO2 battery Applications
- Easy to Configure Battery Fuel Gauging Based on Patented Impedance Track Technology
- Models Battery Discharge Curve for Accurate State-of-Charge Report
- Automatically Adjusts for Battery Aging, Battery Self-Discharge, and Temperature/Rate Inefficiencies
- Low-Value Sense Resistor (5 mΩ or 20 mΩ)
- Resides on System Main Board
- Works with Embedded or Removable Battery Packs
- Integrated LDO allows devices to be powered directly from battery pack
- Microcontroller Peripheral Provides:
- Accurate Battery Fuel Gauging
- Internal Temperature Sensor for Battery Temperature Reporting
- Configurable Level of State-of-Charge (SOC) Interrupts
- I2C for Connection to System Microcontroller Port
- Small 12-pin 2,5 mm × 4 mm SON Package
- Digital Still and Video Cameras
- Handheld Terminals
- MP3 or Multimedia Players