Date of last revision January 31, 2013
- EEWeb Member Privacy
- Sharing Content and Information
- Registration and Account Security
- Collection of Personally Identifiable Information
- Protecting Other People’s Rights
- Other Terms
EEWeb Member Privacy
Sharing Content and Information
Intellectual Property Rights License
Content that is covered by Intellectual Property rights like photos, schematics, files, and videos, you agree to specifically give us the following permission: you grant us a non-exclusive, transferable, sub-licensable, royalty-free, worldwide license to use any IP content that you post on or in connection with EEWeb (“IP License”). This IP license ends when you delete your IP content or account.
Deleting IP Content
When you delete IP content it may be stored in EEWeb backup copies for a reasonable amount of time, but the content will not be available for others to view.
Publishing and Sharing Content
When you publish content on EEWeb it is available for everyone on the web to be able to access it and associate it with you and your profile information.
Tips and Suggestions
EEWeb appreciates suggestions and feedback, but you understand that we use them without any obligation to compensate you for them.
We strive to keep EEWeb a safe community, but we cannot guarantee it. We ask you to commit to the following:
You will not send or post unauthorized commercial communications, such as spam, on EEWeb.
Collecting Users Content or Information
You will not collect or gather information from EEWeb using automated means such as spiders, scrapers, harvest bots, or robots, without our permission.
Viruses or Malicious Code
You will not upload viruses or malicious code to EEWeb.
Accessing Others Accounts
You will not access an account belonging to someone else or solicit login information from others.
You will not harass, bully or intimidate any users on EEWeb.
You will not post content that is : hateful, threatening, violent, pornographic, contains nudity, or graphic.
Denial of Service Attacks
You will not do anything that could overburden or disable EEWeb like a denial of service attack.
Violating this Statement
You will not facilitate or encourage any violation of this statement.
Registration and Account Security
EEWeb users provide real names and user information. Here are some commitments that you make regarding your account.
You will not create an account for others without their permission. You will not provide false information when creating your account. You will not create more than one account, nor share your login information with others. If your account has been disabled, you will not create another account without our permission.
You must be 18 years of age or older to create a profile on EEWeb.
You will keep your profile and contact information up-to-date.
Collection of Personally Identifiable Information
EEWeb generally collects personally identifiable information with your specific knowledge and consent. Certain portions of our sites require registration, and you will be required to provide personal information in order to gain access to those areas. When you enter a sweepstakes or contest, complete a survey, or subscribe to our magazines or newsletters, you will be asked to provide information such as your e-mail address, name, phone number, and sometimes shipping address. Optional demographic information may also be requested. This information may be collected on our behalf by third party service providers who have been instructed to use the information only as directed by EEWeb.
If you make postings to any bulletin boards we may host from time to time, that information will become public and we have no control over how others might use that information.
In addition, EEWeb may share or disclose personally identifiable information about you to other companies or individuals when:
- you have registered on one of our sites, in which case your information may be shared with third parties from whom you have researched product information or to whose website you have linked;
- we utilize third party service providers to provide products, services or functions on our behalf (such as sending emails, newsletters or processing credit cards or fulfilling subscriptions), and ask these service providers to agree to maintain the confidentiality of your personally identifiable information and not to use your personally identifiable information for any reason except to carry out the purpose(s) for which we hired them;
- we authorize third parties, such as advertisers and others who may have products we think might be of interest to you, to use our mailing lists to off-line (in that event, we do not share your e-mail address);
- we have contacted you in advance to notify you that we may furnish you e-mail messages on behalf of third parties and you have not opted out of receiving such messages;
- the entity to whom the information is disclosed is one under control of, or under common control with EEWeb (for these purposes, a company controlling 20% or more of the voting stock of another entity shall be deemed to control such entity);
- we need to protect our legal rights (for example, if we are trying to collect money you owe us);
- we must comply with applicable laws, regulations, or legal or regulatory process; or
In connection with a sale, merger, transfer, exchange, or other disposition (whether of assets, stock, or otherwise) of all or a portion of the business conducted by the web sites to which this policy applies.
EEWeb also shares web site usage information about visitors to our web sites with reputable third parties for the purpose of targeting future campaigns and upgrading visitor information used in reporting statistics.
Protecting Other People’s Rights
Obey the Law
You will not submit or post information on EEWeb that violates the law or someones rights.
Right to Remove Content
EEWeb maintains the rights to remove any content from the website.
You will not post any financial or other sensitive personal information on EEWeb.
If you make payments you agree to our payment terms.
EEWeb’s advertising goal is to provide valuable ads for the user as well as valuable ad formats for advertisers. We may use profile information and users stats to make advertising decisions.
Terminating and Account
Agreement between EEWeb and User
This statement makes up the entire agreement between a user and EEWeb.If any portion of this statement is found to be unenforceable, the remaining portion will remain in effect.If we fail to enforce any part of this statement, it will not be considered a waiver. Any exception or waiver to this agreement must be made in writing by EEWeb.You will not transfer your rights associated with this agreement to anyone else. All of our rights and obligations with this statement are freely assignable by us in connection with a merger, acquisition, or sale of assets, or by operation by law or otherwise.You will comply with all laws when using or accessing EEWeb.
Changes to the Terms and Conditions