Engineering Site of the Day
Mike’s Electric Stuff
Mike’s Electric Stuff is a great site for browsing interesting topics related to electronics. The site covers a variety of topics and your bound to learn something new. Here are a few of the topics:
- The first ever integrated circuit from 1926!
- High-frequency valves plus klystrons & magnetrons.
- Spark gap and triggered gap tubes and small thyratrons.
- The smallest CRT you’ll ever see.
- Mercury Arc Rectifiers
- How you made DC before silicon
- Neon lamps and neon strobe tubes.
- Geissler tubes
- Geiger tubes
- Nixie tubes
- Tesla coil pictures
- Fun with Argon
- Surge generator Can-crushing
- Jacob’s Ladders
- Tesla Coil
- Neodymium magnets
- Laser power supply from surplus switchmode PSUs
- Build a cheap capacitance box
- Violet laser diode fun