Reference Design Description
The DER-547 power supply is designed to operate with forced air cooling greater than 200 LFM for all input and load conditions up to the rated maximum ambient temperature of 50oC. It features a wide operating range 100 VAC - 300 VAC, excellent transient load response, and feed forward line sense gain - maintains relatively constant loop gain over entire operating voltage range. It has also enhanced light load power factor (PF) in which PF >0.95 at 20% load and 230 VAC 50 Hz input, and PF >0.95 at 50% load.
The DER-547 275 W PFC front-end board uses HiperPFS-4, PFS7627H integrated PFC controller from Power Integrations. Its input voltage range deviates slightly from the nominal universal operating range of 90 VAC to 265 VAC to an extended range of 100 VAC to 300 VAC. The output voltage is set to 440 VDC to accommodate input voltages greater than 265 VAC.
This DER-547 power supply design is suitable for the development of applications uses PFS7627H such as PC, printer, LCD TV, Video game consoles, and high-power adaptors.
- Wide operating range 100 VAC – 300 VAC
- Highly integrated, low component count, low-cost PFC
- Ultra-low reverse recovery loss diode (QspeedTM)
- Power Integrations eSIP-16 low-profile controller package
- “Cool-Pad” package reduces IC mounting hardware
- Eliminates insulating pad/heat-spreader
- EN61000-3-2 Class-D compliant
- High PFC efficiency enables up to 80+ Platinum PC Main design
- Enhanced light load power factor (PF)
- PF >0.95 at 20% load and 230 VAC, 50 Hz input
- PF >0.95 at 50% load
- Frequency sliding maintains high efficiency across load range
- >95% from 20% to 100% load (115 VAC and 230 VAC input)
- Feed forward line sense gain – maintains relatively constant loop gain over entire operating voltage range
- Excellent transient load response
- Frequency adjusted over input line voltage and load
- Spread-spectrum across >60 kHz window simplifies EMI filtering requirements