Advertisement

Electronics and Electrical Engineering Design Forum

Where you can find electronics and electrical engineering forum questions & answers.
no image Tuesday, February 06, 2018 by huddslad huddslad

BUILDING THE SC200 AMPLIFIER AND PURPOSE OF LED1

Hi everyone I am building the SC200 power amplifier and I would like to know what exactly is the purpose of LED1 which is on the input stage of the circuit. Can it be replaced with a diode or elIminiated completely??.

I have attached circuit diagram.

Thanks

Heath

Attachment

Comments

• by  Alan Winstanley
    The LED1 is essentially a power on indicator, it's discussed on page 24 January 2018 issue.

Please could you avoid posting entire circuit diagrams as this causes copyright problems, especially with current projects. It's OK to crop and show a small extract of the area you're interested in (classed as Fair Use) , but not project circuitry in its entirety. Many thanks,

-- Alan W / EPE
    • by  Max Maxfield
      Hi Heath -- as per Alan's comment, could you please remove your attachment since it currently contains the entire circuit -- you could replace it with just the area/components around LED1.
  • by  Max Maxfield
    Hi Heath -- as per Alan's comment, could you please remove your attachment since it currently contains the entire circuit -- you could replace it with just the area/components around LED1.
  • by  huddslad huddslad
    OK I will note for future posts. Someone has already changed the circuit picture.

Regards

Heath

Add Comment

You must log-in to comment.