Advertisement

Electronics and Electrical Engineering Design Forum

Where you can find electronics and electrical engineering forum questions & answers.
no image Tuesday, January 30, 2018 by Visshnoo Thiyagarajan

interfacing GSM900A with PIC16F877A

can i get the codes for a project that includes PIR sensor as the input and PIC16F877A as the main processor and GSM 900A as the output which sends a text message to the number when movement is detected by PIR. ive been searching and trying out codes but none seem to work. both mikroc and MPLAB is acceptable. so either one would do.  urgent. 

Comments

• by  Conrad Mannering
    It looks like this is class assignment thats late in delivery.

What type of PIR sensor are you going to use? You are probably only going to need to read the output of the PIR on a port pin of the PIC. The GSM900a has an Arduino sketch as an "Instructable" at first glance on the web so tying those together should be relatively simple code change. The PIC code just needs to be the glue and transfer code between the two units.

• by  Visshnoo Thiyagarajan (edited)
      Yeaa I will work on it. But im still trying to enhance it by adding a temperature sensor. I will work on it thanks alot.
    Yeaa I will work on it. But im still trying to enhance it by adding a temperature sensor. I will work on it thanks alot.
  • by  Rick Curl
    Hi Visshnoo-

I don't think anyone is going to write the code for you. If you want to have a go at writing the code, we would be happy to help debug it.  If this is really urgent, you might try looking for a consultant who will write the code for you (for a fee).

If you're just starting out and you want to use a PIC, you might consider the Proton Development Suite  

You can download a free evaluation copy, and their forum is very helpful.  Here's a post in their forum that might help you get going: GSM communication with SIM900

-Rick

This is really helpful. Your response is very much appreciated. Its okay if I don't get the codes directly but this is still a leap forward. Thanks alot Rick Curl.

Add Comment

You must log-in to comment.