Advertisement

Electronics and Electrical Engineering Design Forum

Where you can find electronics and electrical engineering forum questions & answers.
no image Sunday, February 04, 2018 by Glenn Jones

SC200 Amp

I am currently looking into building the SC200 amp but am reconsidering after having read some of the queries about the design and component availability. Has anyone actually built it yet and if so can they please let me have their source of components, specifically in regard to the 300VA 40-0-40 volt transformer which as far as I can tell was available in Australia, the source of the original design, but now seems discontinued. 

Comments

• by  Alan Winstanley
    Hi Glenn

Let me ask the question about the transformer and I'll get back to you.

It's worth tagging your question with EPE-Magazine  as well, so it will appear in our dedicated area as well and I will see it automatically.

Alan W / EPE
  • by  huddslad huddslad

Hi I am building this amplifier. The power transistors are available from MOUSE UK COM at a very reasonable price but unless you spend £50 the delivery charge is quite high. A 500 VA 40-0-40 transformer can be bought from Rapid electronics. I am going use a 35-0-35 transformer which should work without component changes but I am checking this. RAPID have a 300VA version of 35-0-35 transformer for £32 plus VAT I think. I ordered all the major components from MOUSE UK and RAPID ELECTRONICS.

I will let you know when I have built the nodules.

Regards

Heath

• by  huddslad huddslad

Hi you can also buy the following 250Va Toroidal 2x 40V -  MCTA250/40  from CPC farnell.

http://cpc.farnell.com/multicomp/mcta250-40/250va-toroidal-2x40v/dp/FF01572?power-rating=250va%7C300va&pf=110113871%2C110004946%2C110302084&anyFilterApplied=true&secondary-voltages=2-x-40v&ddkey=http%3Aen-CPC%2FCPC_United_Kingdom%2Fw%2Fc%2Felectronic-electrical-components%2Ftransformers%2Ftoroidal-transformers

Regards

Heath

• by  Alan Winstanley

We have posted an update about the mains transformer with alternative suggestions from the designer, please see  EPE Shop Talk

Add Comment

You must log-in to comment.