Engineering Design Intern
iRobot Corporation, with a mission of “empowering people to do more” is at the forefront of the development of robotics and artificial intelligence technologies. iRobot has become one of the world’s preeminent specialist designers and builders of consumer robots. iRobot invests in the development and growth of its people, in a culture of empowerment, innovation and fun. Come work with some of the most talented and influential people in the robotics field utilizing cutting edge technologies, in an exciting, fast-growing industry!
iRobot design employs a user-centered design approach in order to optimize business strategies, build our brand, develop rich experiences, and ensure user satisfaction. Our group is responsible for defining the physical and digital experiences of iRobot. The Design Intern will work with us across ID, UI, UX and visual design to assist our team in product design and development. The intern will also have support to pursue an independent design project specifically to be leveraged as a portfolio piece.
This internship would be from January- June 2018.
Essential Functions/ Job Duties
- Works as part of a multidisciplinary team to design products and services.
- Further the quality and influence of our design practice as well as iRobot’s general understanding of consumers to inform future products, software, services and ecosystem.
- Work collaboratively with teams to identify business questions and research needs throughout the product development process, from concept phase to post-launch.
- Work with the design team to create tangible design solutions and inform prototype development.
- Transfer knowledge to internal teams and leadership via workshops and well-articulated reports/presentations.
- English proficiency (written and spoken) required
- Strong oral, written and presentation communication skills; can present findings concisely and effectively.
- Able to drive common understanding with cross-functional work partners.
- Ability to work as part of a cross-functional team with minor supervision.
- Refined design skills.
- Demonstrated ability to quickly build strong relationships within and across organizations.
iRobot is an “Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority / Female / Veteran / Disabled”