The Master Bond EP62-1 is a two part epoxy system that features long working life at ambient temperatures and rapidly cures at moderately elevated temperatures. This material is easy to use and has a very forgiving 100 to 10 mix ratio by weight. The pot life of 100 grams is greater than 12 hours.
The Typical cure schedules range from 4-6 hours at 60-70°C, 20-40 minutes at 80-100°C or 10 minutes at 125°C. The cured epoxy resin exhibits remarkably high thermal stability with a glass transition temperature exceeding 170°C. Also noteworthy is its outstanding chemical resistance to acids, bases, many solvents and other chemicals, even at elevated temperatures (as listed in the table below). This system has excellent electrical insulation properties. EP62-1 is invariably used in applications where a long open time is desirable and where the epoxy will be exposed to very aggressive conditions. The color of Part A is clear and Part B is dark brown in color. EP62-1 is primarily used as an adhesive, sealant and coating.
- Easy to use, very forgiving 100 to 10 mix ratio by weight (will fully cure using 100 to 5 mix ratio).
- Exceptionally long working life.
- Superior resistance to a wide variety of chemicals, even at high temperatures.
- Superb electrical insulation properties.
- Service temperature range of -60°F to +450°F.
- Contains no solvents.
- Versatile cure schedules at various elevated temperatures.
- Outstanding dimensional stability.
- Excellent physical strength properties